2018 Makita EA4300FRDB
16" 42 cc Chain Saw
The EA4300FRDB is a best-in-class mid-sized chain saw engineered with professional features. A key point of difference is the industrial 2-sided magnesium (not aluminum) crank case for less weight and added durability. For faster and easier starts, the spring-assisted starter with optimized engine management reduces force required for starting. The result is a versatile and durable chain saw with a superior power-to-weight ratio that delivers consistent performance, job after job.
Unlike common spring-aided starters that make slight improvements in pull-force, Makita's easy-start feature combines spring-aided engineering with a new low spark ignition coil that includes Memory-Power-Ignition (MPI) technology. With MPI, the ignition coil requires much lower revolutions of the flywheel to fire and is engineered to make the saw start faster and easier. In addition, MPI stores energy from pulling the rope and running the saw which creates a stronger spark when pulling the rope to start the engine.
Additional features include a fleece air filter with a two-piece cover that opens simply by turning a knob for true tool-less access, as well as a single choke/run/touch stop switch engineered for added convenience over common two-switch designs. Consistent with all Makita chain saws, the EA4300F40B comes with a two-point inertia/mechanical chain brake, and metal (not plastic) spike bars for added durability.
- Engine Displacement (cu.in./cc): 2.6 cu.in. (42 cc)
- Power Rating: 3 HP/2.2 kW
- Max. Engine Speed: 13,500 RPM
- Standard Guide Bar: 16 in.
- Chain Pitch: 3/8 in.
- Chain Gauge: .050 in.
- Fuel Mixture: 50:1
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.2 oz.
- Oil Tank Capacity: 9.5 oz.
- Net Weight (w/o bar & chain): 10.8 lb.
- User Type: Farm/Ranch
- Chain Saw Feature: Flush cut handle
- Chain Saw Configuration: Bar/chain in box
- Power Type: 2-stroke gas
- Chain Selection: 3/8 x .050
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-394338
- Easy Start, spring assisted starter with optimized engine management reduces force required for starting
- Magnesium housing for improved durability and less weight (only 10.8 lbs.)
- “Tool-less" filter access for convenient maintenance
- Touch & Stop single lever control shuts off engine with just a touch
- Large fuel and oil tank openings with S-form caps for easy operation
- Slide-out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation
- Two point durable inertia/mechanical chain brake
- Primer pump engineered for easy cold starting
- Advanced vibration dampening system engineered to reduce vibration
- Engineered with smooth rounded surfaces for easy cleaning and operator comfort
- Chain compartment is easy to clean and clears chips away efficiently
- Reversible sprocket nose bar with oil retaining feature for improved bar and chain lubrication
- Large metal spike bar for increased productivity
- (1) 16" Saw Chain, 3/8"-.050" (196208-3)
- (1) 16" Guide Bar, 3/8"-.050" (442-040-661)
- (1) 14" Chain Cover (419242-9)
- (1) Universal Wrench (941-713-161)
- (1) Screwdriver (783012-5)
- (1) Torx Wrench (940-827-000)
- 2.6 cu.in. (42 cc)
- Horse Power
- 3 hp (2.2 kW)
- 10.8 lb.
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in.